Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Feel the Love! Closer, closer! { Beavercreek, OH Family Photographer }

It’s always interesting to get to know families and watch the dynamics between parents and siblings. I was approached to photograph Janet and her family, which included two daughters, two son-in-laws and four granddaughters. Her youngest daughter does not live in the area so it had to be scheduled during a family visit.

During this time, we communicated about the venue and I helped with color scheme and clothing selection. When I spoke to Janet in person and via email, I could tell she was very passionate about her session experience and was really looking forward to it. The session was scheduled months in advance (springtime…rainy season). I was so worried that the day would be rained out. It was slated to have a 70% chance of thunderstorms. Ugh! I worried so, but we were fortunate enough to avoid the rain for an hour. During that short time, I made everyone squeeze together and hug constantly. Closer, closer, closer. One of the girls made a comment that they never hug so it was weird. Some families just don’t. No biggie. However, if you don’t hug or touch, it just doesn’t look right in a family photo. It’s quite stiff and awkward so I require it. :)

Because Mother Nature had different plans, we met again later in the week and finished our session. The funny thing is I didn’t have to say a word. As soon as my camera came up, they INSTANTLY hugged and made sure they were touching somehow in the pictures. How fantastic is that? :) I’m in love with these pictures and I know they will be, too. Thanks Janet and fam for such a positive experience with a large group. We will definitely do it again. :)

Enjoy the sneak peek!

Blog2

Blog3

0 comments:

Post a Comment