Friday, July 23, 2010

I Heart Faces Fix-it Friday { Dayton, Ohio Child Photographer }

I’ve recently become a fan of I Heart Faces. I have started submitting my pictures to their weekly challenges and have decided that as long as I have extra time (hahahahhaaa), I will attempt their Fix-It Friday photo editing fun. It’s always good to keep your skills in check, practice, and learn new ways to edit. You can check out other people’s edits and read how they did it. Really fun way to learn! I chose to edit it twice, once in color and once in black and white. I prefer black and white but some people really like color portraits. I’m using Photoshop CS5 Extended.

Anyway, here’s the original posted on I Heart Faces:

4820306639_efc19eff12_b

My first edit: 

edit1

My second edit:

edit12

How I did it. I know you’re all dying to know. :)

Edit #1:

Slight decrease in curves
Increase the mids in levels
Curves layer at 35% opacity
Gradient map 25% opacity
Dirty texture added, girls masked back
Green texture added, girls masked back
Hue/sat, decrease yellows
Cropped and burned edges
Sharpen

Edit #2

Using previous edit, Gradient map
Curves, pop shadows
Burned edges and girls

Thanks for looking. Very easy editing process, but made such a difference from the original, which btw, is a great capture! Feel free to ask any questions. But most importantly, let me know what you think!

FIF1

1 comments:

Betsy said...

I like them both, but really like the dreamy quality of the first one. Great job!

Post a Comment